Restaurant Central de Lima rose to number one in the ranking of the 50 best restaurants in the world in 2023, confirming its status as the gastronomic center of the Peruvian capital.
It was announced Tuesday, June 20, at a ceremony held in Valencia (Spain), that the ranking of the 50 best restaurants in the world for the year 2023 includes establishments located in 24 countries, all on five continents. Of the winners, 12 made their way to the standings.
The big winner this year is not “a temple to gastronomy in Paris or Tokyo, or even an innovative restaurant in Catalonia or Copenhagen, but a husband-and-wife establishment in Peru, a country on the west coast of South America that is also famous for being home to the Paddington bear,” he said. Ranking organizers when announcing the winners. ” the middleThe establishment just named Best Restaurant in the World emphasizes the region’s biodiversity: native fruit from the Amazon, root vegetables from the Andes, seafood from the Pacific Ocean, plus tubers and potatoes, and plenty of yams. Most important, of course, is that the dining experience is truly unique and totally wonderful. »
The Central is affiliated with three Spanish restaurants: disfrotar in Barcelona (nOh 2), Diverso in Madrid (nOh 3) and Asador Etxebari In Atxondo (nOh 4). I’alchemist From Copenhagen, Denmark, he climbed to 5th place in the rankings and also won the prize The art of hospitality.
New capital of food
This is the first time that a South American restaurant has risen to the top of the ranking of what is considered the “Oscar of Gastronomy”.
The center is led by chiefs Virgilio Martinez And Bya Lyonfirst place in geranium de Copenhague, edition of the edition 2022. Class deuxième en 2022, the Central « est une ode au Pérou, with a menu that celebrates the unique biodiversity of the indigènes of pays, because of its traditions and its histoire, all defendant sustainable development.”
In 2008, Virgilio Martinez opened Central in Lima with the goal of creating a dining experience rooted in Peruvian ingredients and cooking techniques. Pía León joined in 2009, before becoming the restaurant’s head chef and wife of Virgilio Martínez, and laid the foundations for what would become the central experience,” explains the ratings website.
For 15 years, the award-winning restaurant has been serving gourmet dishes of the highest standard prepared with Peruvian ingredients and techniques. The restaurant “transports diners through 15 different Peruvian ecosystems, categorized by altitude: from 15 meters below the Pacific Ocean to 4,200 meters in the Andes.”
Along with Central, which also won the title of Best Restaurant in South America, the Peruvian capital has more places in the top 50 restaurants than any other city.
South America is at the forefront of the world’s gastronomic scene
In total, South America now has nine restaurants in the ranking, including two new ones: lazy (noOh 28) in Lima, to which Chef Pia Leon, W.L Chateau (noOh 33) in Bogota (Colombia).
The ranking includes two more institutions in Lima: Mido (noOh 6) and Mayta (noOh 47).
As for the rest of the continent, we find institutions At Casa do Porco (noOh 12) in Sao Paulo (Brazil), Don Julio (noOh 19) in Buenos Aires (Argentina), burago (noOh 29) in Santiago (Chile) and Leo (noOh 43) in Bogota.
Chef Bea Salazarthe number In Quito (Ecuador), he was awarded the title of the best pastry chef in the world.
In the rest of the order…
Asia comes second with seven restaurants: Odette in Singapore (nOh 14) his leader Julian Roger had won Chef’s choice (The restaurant was also named Best Restaurant in Asia), due (noOh 15) and Gajjan Anand (noOh 17) in Bangkok (Thailand), den (noOh 21), excerpts (noOh 27) and Cezanne (noOh 37) in Tokyo (Japan) as well Chairman of Board of Directors in Hong Kong (nOh 50).
Spain, the host country for the awards ceremony, has a total of six entries in the top 50, including nOh No. 2 in the world, Disfrutar in Barcelona, also the best restaurant in Europe in 2023, nOh 3, Diverso in Madrid and NOh 4, Asador Etxebarri in Atxondo, in the Basque Country.
Italy has five restaurants and France four in the top 50. London restaurants occupy three places.
Two restaurants in Dubai appear in the ranking for the first time: Tresind Studio (noOh 11) Awarded the title of Best Restaurant in the Middle East and Africa, and Orfali Bros. Bistro (noOh 46).
Two New York restaurants are also in the ranking: atomics (noOh 8), which has risen 25 places as of 2022 and has also been named Best Restaurant in North America, and Bernardine (noOh 44).
wherein Cape Town (South Africa), won the Best Sustainable Restaurant award and Table by Bruno Verjus (noOh 10) In Paris he was awarded the Best Newcomer Award.
According to the competition rules, restaurants can only get the first prize once. Then they fall into a separate category, which is ” The best of the best Among the members of this elite group are geraniums and name in Copenhagen, Eleven Madison Park in New York, The fat duck near london, Osteria Francescana in Modena (Italy), and Mirazor in Menton.
“If you are unable to book a table there, a task that may become a little more difficult, try one of the other exceptional establishments included in the new ranking of the 50 best restaurants in the world in 2023, sponsored by S. Pellegrino & Acqua Panna,” advise the organizers.
Here is the full ranking:
- Central (Lima, Peru) – the best restaurant in South America
- Disfrutar (Barcelona, Spain) – the best restaurant in Europe
- Diverso (Madrid, Spain)
- Asador Etxebarri (Atxondo, Spain)
- Alchemist (Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Maido (Lima, Peru)
- Lido 84 (Gardone Riviera, Italy)
- Atomics (New York, USA) – the best restaurant in North America
- Quintonil (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Table by Bruno Verjus (Paris, France) – Best Newcomer
- Trèsind Studio (Dubai, UAE) – Best Restaurant in the Middle East and Africa – New entrant
- In Casa do Porco (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Pujol (Mexico City, Mexico)
- Odette (Singapore) – the best restaurant in Asia and Chef’s choice : Julian Royer
- Lo Do (Bangkok, Thailand) – Newcomer
- Reale (Castel di Sangro, Italy)
- Gajjan Anand (Bangkok, Thailand) – Newcomer
- Steirereck (Vienna, Austria)
- Don Julio (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
- Kiki Dacosta (Denia, Spain)
- Den (Tokyo, Japan)
- Elcano (Gitaria, Spain)
- Cole (London, England) – Newcomer
- Septimus (Paris, France)
- Belcanto (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Schloss Schönstein (Fürstenau, Switzerland)
- Variety (Tokyo, Japan)
- KJOL (Lima, Peru) – Newcomer
- Burago (Santiago, Chile)
- Frantzen (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Mugaritz (San Sebastian, Spain)
- Hesa Franco (Kobarid, Slovenia)
- El Chato (Bogotá, Colombia) – Newcomer
- Ulissi (Senegalia, Italy)
- Ikoyi (London, England)
- Plenitude (Paris, France) – Newcomer
- Seizan (Tokyo, Japan) – Newcomer
- The Carnation Club (London, England)
- The Jane (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Tim Raue Restaurant (Berlin, Germany)
- Le Calandre (Rubano, Italy)
- Piazza Duomo (Alba, Italy)
- Lion (Bogota, Colombia)
- Lou Bernardine (New York, USA)
- Nobelhart and Schmutzig (Berlin, Germany)
- Orfali Bros (Dubai, UAE) – Newcomer
- Maita (Lima, Peru)
- La Grenouillère (La Madelaine-sous-Montreuil, France) – Newcomer
- Rosetta (Mexico City, Mexico)
- President (Hong Kong)
Translated article from the American magazine Forbes – Author: Cecilia Rodriguez
<< اقرأ أيضًا: تصنيف أفضل 50 مطعمًا | أربعة مطاعم فرنسية متميزة بما في ذلك Table et Plénitude >>>