23 | After winning Roland Garros and 23H Grand Slam, Novak Djokovic gets a little more into the legend. The 36-year-old Serbian is making a serious choice to claim the title of greatest tennis player of all time.
Novak Djokovic He has no equal, at least when it comes to the number of Grand Slam titles. At 36, he has won 23H Major title beating Sunday Casper Road (7-6 (1), 6-3, 7-5) in the Roland-Garros Final, thus breaking a tie with his lifelong rival, Rafael Nadal. only precedes it Margaret Courtwho won 24 Grand Slam women’s titles in the 1960s and 1970s, tied for Serena Williams.
So, is Novak Djokovic the best tennis player of all time? Here’s a look at his amazing career numbers and where he stands against Rafael Nadal Roger Federer.
$170 million. This is how many trophies Novak Djokovic won during his career, having touched $2.5 million Last Sunday’s Roland Garros winner. It is the highest score in tennis by a wide margin, ahead of Rafael Nadal with $135 million, Roger Federer with $131 million, Serena Williams with $95 million and America with $64 million.Britain’s Andy Murray. Novak Djokovic also set the ATP Tour single season earnings record $21.6 million in 2015. It is about $5.1 million This year, a record for professional tennis players.
340 million dollars. That’s Novak Djokovic’s total income from extra sports, which he made more than $20 million in the past 12 months, according to estimates. Forbes. So he’s in the range of $390 million to Rafael Nadal, but both are outclassed by Roger Federer, who had amassed more than $990 million by the time he announced his retirement in September 2022. The Swiss player is one of seven athletes. Earning at least $1 billion in total during his career.
3. This is the number of victories in Novak Djokovic’s final at Roland Garros (2016, 2021 and 2023). Only two players from the Open era, which began in 1968, have more: Rafael Nadal with 14 titles, and Bjorn Borg, with six titles in the 1970s and 1980s. This latest victory makes Novak Djokovic (with ten Australian Open titles, seven Wimbledon titles and three US Open titles) the only player to have won each of the four Grand Slams at least three times. Roger Federer has only won Roland Garros once, in 2009, and Rafael Nadal has only won two titles at the Australian Open and the US Open. Andre Agassi He is the only other male player to win all four majors at once during the Open Era.
36. This is the Novak Djokovic era. More precisely, he is 36 years and 20 days old, which makes him the oldest champion in the history of Roland Garros. Rafael Nadal set the record last year at the age of 36 years and 2 days.
Who is the goat in world tennis?
|Novak Djokovic||Rafael Nadal||Roger Federer|
|He entered professional sports||$170 million||$135 million||$131 million|
|Non-sporting occupational income||340 million dollars||390 million dollars||$990 million*|
|Total revenue||510 million dollars||525 million dollars||$1.1 billion*|
|Grand Slam singles titles||23||22||20|
|Professional tennis singles titles||94||92||104|
|a week like nOh 1 worldwide||387||209||310|
|Record wins against Nadal||30 (for a loss of 29)||/||16 (for a loss of 24)|
|Record wins against Federer||27 (for a loss of 23)||24 (vs. 16 losses)||/|
|Record victories over Djokovic||/||29 (for a loss of 30)||23 (for a loss of 27)|
* Roger Federer entered calculated until September 2022 when the Swiss player retired.
387. This is how many weeks Novak Djokovic has been as N.BOh1st place in the world in the ATP ranking. As of June 12, that number has risen to 388 since the Serbs regained first place in the Carlos Alcaraz. However, Roger Federer still holds the record for consecutive weeks at number one (237 weeks), while Novak Djokovic’s personal best is 122 weeks (from 2014 to 2016).
7. This is the number of years Novak Djokovic has finished number one on the ATP Tour. Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal have both been five timesOh1 at the end of the year, one less than Sampras Housewho held this position from 1993 to 1998.
94. That is the number of ATP titles in Novak Djokovic’s career, after his victory on Sunday. It’s on par with Evan Lindell for the third-best total of all time, behind Leicester Jimmy Connors (109 titles), Roger Federer (103 titles), and before Rafael Nadal (92 titles). However, Novak Djokovic does have an edge in the Masters 1000, the nine tournaments considered the most prestigious on the ATP Tour outside of the Grand Slams. for him 38 tracks He is a record, ahead of Rafael Nadal’s 36 and Roger Federer’s 28, and is the only player to win each of his nine tournaments, a feat he has achieved twice.
83.4%. This is the winning percentage of Novak Djokovic’s career. This is the best result in ATP Tour history, ahead of Rafael Nadal’s 82.9%, Bjorn Borg’s 82.4% and Roger Federer’s 82%. The Serb won 1058 singles matches, fifth-best total in ATP history, behind Jimmy Connors (1,274 wins), Roger Federer (1,251 wins), Rafael Nadal (1,068 wins), and Ivan Lendl (1,068 wins). total him 245 wins against top 10 players It is also an ATP record.
30. This is the number of matches Novak Djokovic has won against Rafael Nadal in his career, against 29 defeats.
65. This is the total number of Grand Slam titles won by Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, out of a possible 79 titles since Roger Federer’s first victory at Wimbledon in 2003. This number could have been even higher if Novak Djokovic hadn’t been. He misses the US Open last year due to his refusal to get vaccinated against COVID-19 (he also missed the 2022 Australian Open, which was won by Rafael Nadal).
Translated article from the American magazine Forbes – Author: Brett Knight
<<< Read also: Forbes 2023 ranking Billionaires are among the highest paid athletes in the world >>>